Dog Bite Lawyers Serving the Hudson Valley
Fighting for Victims from Warwick to NYC
A dog attack is a frightening and extremely dangerous experience. You may be left with serious scarring or disfigurement requiring plastic or reconstructive surgery. You may never fully recover on a psychological level, forever feeling uncomfortable around dogs and other animals. The results can be lifelong, affecting you emotionally, physically, and financially.
The Ahearne Law Firm is here to help if you were bitten or attacked by a dog. Our Hudson Valley dog bite injury attorneys know you have been through the ringer already – we are here to alleviate the stress and help you seek justice against the dog’s owner or other at-fault party. With our experience and skill in personal injury and wrongful death actions, we are confident in our ability to help you.
After a Dog Bite
If you are bitten by a dog, you need to take specific steps to protect your health and preserve your right to financial compensation from the owner or other responsible party. While every case is different, you can make a difference by remaining calm and seeking medical care and legal counsel.
If you or someone you love has been attacked by a dog:
- Apply pressure to the wound
- Seek medical attention by calling 911 for severe or life-threatening injuries, or by visiting your local emergency room or urgent care center for lesser injuries
- Report the incident to your local animal control department
- Document your injuries through photographs and by keeping all medical records
- Identify witnesses and the dog owner, if possible, by getting contact information
- Follow your doctor’s orders, and watch for signs of infection
- Contact your doctor immediately if the bite worsens or becomes infected
- Speak to an attorney with experience in dog bite injuries
Working with a Dog Bite Injury Attorney
After a dog attack, you may wonder whether you need an attorney. For extremely minor bites that do not pierce the flesh or cause serious injuries, you may not need to seek legal counsel. If you were seriously injured or lost a loved one, however, you are dealing with a situation where mounting medical bills and missed work may seriously impact your life.
An attorney may be your only chance of securing a fair settlement or award to cover:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing treatment or therapy
- Lost earnings
- Loss of future earnings
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
Ready to get skilled help? Call (845) 763-4100 to put our Hudson Valley dog bite lawyers on your side.