Car Accidents

Hudson Valley Car Accident Lawyers

Advocating for Injured Victims in Warwick & Beyond

According to the New York State Department of Health, there is an average of 136,913 annual emergency department visits associated with car accidents. These numbers are staggering. It should come as no surprise that car accidents are some of the most common causes of injuries in the U.S.

The Ahearne Law Firm is here to help. Our Hudson Valley car accident attorneys understand how challenging it can be to focus on recovery when you are stressed about mounting medical expenses, health complications, lost time and wages at work, and the overall emotional impact of the accident. With our team on your side, you can rest easy knowing that we are doing all we can to secure fair compensation on your behalf.

If you've been injured, call (845) 763-4100 for a free car accident case evaluation.

New York Laws that May Affect Your Case

Under New York law, the injured party has three years to file a lawsuit against any negligent parties for their role in causing the accident. As a no-fault state, claims are filed with your own insurance company after an accident unless you suffer from severe and permanent injuries. In these instances, a lawsuit can be filed against the other person’s insurance company.

Since New York is a pure comparative negligence state, any injury case that goes to court is subject to the determination of fault and the allocation of funds accordingly. For example, if after examining the facts of the case, the judge determines that you were 25% at fault and the other driver was 75% at fault, the judgment will be limited to 75% of the total damages.

Fault in a Hudson Valley Car Accident Claim

If you were injured in a car accident in the Hudson Valley area, you may wonder who can be held accountable. Another driver? The city, for negligently maintaining a roadway? The manufacturer of a defective auto part? By carefully investigating your claim and the cause of your accident, our car accident lawyers can paint a clear picture of liability.

Car accidents are frequently caused by:

  • Drunk driving
  • Speeding
  • Texting while driving
  • Distracted driving
  • Following too closely
  • Unsafe lane changes
  • Reckless or aggressive driving
  • Hazardous roadways
  • Heavy weather
  • Defective auto parts

Let our experienced lawyers determine the cause of your accident so we can pursue fair damages.

The Ahearne Law Firm Can Help

Complex New York car accident and personal injury laws are why you need an experienced and skilled Hudson Valley car accident attorney on your side. Based on all of the damages, including costs associated with medical bills, vehicle repair, rental cars, lost wages, pain and suffering, or even wrongful death, it is important to know you have an aggressive advocate seeking to address all aspects of a case.

At The Ahearne Law Firm, we have guided countless clients to a successful resolution of their car accident cases in Warwick and across the Hudson Valley. We are here for you.

Our Hudson Valley car accident lawyers ask for nothing out of pocket, and only get paid if we recover damages on your behalf. Let us defend your best interests – call (845) 763-4100.

The Ahearne Law Experience

  • Direct and Honest Communication
  • Supportive and Caring Staff
  • Full Service Firm
  • Clients Become Our Family
  • High Profile Case Representation
  • Free Consultations

Get The Ahearne Law Firm On Your Side

Contact Us Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.