For more information, please contact The Ahearne Law Firm, PLLC for a free initial consultation and case evaluation. Call nationwide at (845) 763-4100.
Traditional testosterone replacement therapy has included the use of drugs and implants which are now the subject of thousands of lawsuits across the United States including the pending multidistrict litigation (MDL) in Illinois federal court to resolve common issues among the cases (In re: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2545). However, many commonly recommended natural alternatives to combat low testosterone (“Low T”) have been identified.Natural alternatives to testosterone replacement therapy embody lifestyle changes regarding diet, activity and environment:
- Limit sugars and focus on low-glycemic foods – sugar is known to reduce testosterone to “clinically deficient” levels
- Eat healthy saturated and organic fats – omega 3 and monounsaturated fats mostly found in oily fish, peanuts or avocados.
- Avoid processed meats
- Consume foods high in zinc and vitamin D
- Reduce alcohol consumption — heavy alcohol consumption disrupts growth hormones and studies have shown drastic declines in testosterone of individuals studied for up to 24 hours after consumption
- Take natural herb-based supplements
- Perform high-intensity strength training and exercise on a regular basis
- Limit extended cardiovascular workouts as they increase cortisol, which reduces testosterone levels
- Watch sporting events
- Get adequate rest including at least seven 7 hours a day of sleep — poor sleep habits may reduce testosterone levels by at least 30%
- Take measures to reduce stress
- Expose your skin to early morning sunlight for about 15-25 minutes
Notwithstanding the above natural alternatives, if you or a family member have taken testosterone replacement therapy drugs, medications or treatments (with or without experiencing side effects or related conditions), you and/or your family member may be entitled to money damages.